CHILD PROTECTION/ ONLINE SAFETY
Mr Craig Appleby (Associate Assistant Headteacher)
Dear Parent and Student,
I completed my Child Exploitation and Online Protection training in November 2019, and now, as our CEOP Ambassador I have access to a wide range of knowledge, information, resources and training courses to help our young people understand how to keep themselves safe from exploitation and harm in the real world and online.
I will continue to upload resources, power points and task sheets regularly for families, students and parents to engage with; providing you all with the tools to help keep your child safe online.
Please, if you require any further information, do not hesitate to contact me.
Support for Parents:
► Digital Safety during COVID-19 document - advice from Newcastle City Council for supporting your children during this time
► A generic parental guidelines sheet - providing useful tips and strategies for parents to implement at home
► ThinkYouKnow parents and carers guidance power point - advice for protecting your children safe from online sexual exploitation.
► Department for Education suggested websites for advice for keeping our children safe online (31 March):
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and careers from the NSPCC)