Well done to all of those students who are continuing to learn at home; it is important that you continue to keep up with the work supplied by your teachers so you are ready to hit the ground running when we are able to re-open the Academy.
Summer Booklets #2 - April 2020
New summer term Distance Learning Guides are now available.
► Year 10 will receive new booklets through the post this week containing ENGLISH, MATHS and SCIENCE. You must complete these tasks in the booklet and bring the booklet back to school on your return.
→ Non-core subject tasks are available HERE.
► Year 7-9 booklets are available HERE, or click on the page cover.
Spring Booklets #1 - March 2020
All students who were able to attend the Academy on Friday 20/03/20 will have received a paper version of the booklet that corresponds to their year group.
If your child was not able to attend on Friday, you can access the appropriate booklet by clicking on the pages below.
Please read through the guide with your children so you can support them where you can.
Students are encouraged to interact with their teachers using their Walker email address.
It is very important that you stay in contact with your teachers throughout our school closure.
In case you are unsure of your teachers' email addresses, contact the Head of Department for that subject and ask them for your teacher's email address. Head of Department emails are available below.
Head of Department email addresses:
- English - Mrs Traylor (email@example.com)
- Reading - Mr McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Library - Miss Napier (email@example.com)
- Science - Mrs Aisbitt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Geography - Mrs Hamilton (email@example.com)
- History - Mrs Kapur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Language - Mrs Hudson (email@example.com)
- Art & Design (Including Art, Media and Photography) - Mr Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PE/ Sport BTEC/ Health & Social Care - Mr Couldwell (email@example.com)
- Business Industry - Mr Mather (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Careers - Miss Butler (email@example.com)
- Resilience - Mr Bowers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Learning Support - Mrs Hart (email@example.com)
Click on the subject below to open up the drop-down menu and view any new resources your teachers have collated:
BBC Bitesize Daily
Whilst you are at home you should be focusing on the learning suggestions made by your teachers. They have been carefully considered to ensure you are making the best progress possible whilst we are closed, and to make sure you are ready to re-start our curriculum on our return.
If you would like to supplement your learning, why not visit BBC Bitesize for daily lessons? It contains guidance and support on a huge variety of topics. Just select your year group and the subject you would like to study.
DfE online educational resources
The Department for Education have brought together an initial list of online educational resources to help children to learn at home.
These websites have been identified by some of the country’s leading educational experts and offer a wide range of support and resources for students of all ages.
► To visit their online learning home page directly, click HERE.