CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) -
Latest Information and Advice
Update - 04/06/20 -
"You should continue to stay alert and limit your contact with others."
• a high temperature (37.8 degrees or above)
• a new, continuous cough
• a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
What you should do if you are DISPLAYING SYMPTOMS:
- isolate yourself from others for 7 days or longer if you are not healthy by this time (click HERE for Gov. guidance)
- people in your house hold should isolate for 14 days (as they may not contract it from you until the 7th day you have it)
- arrange to have a Covid-19 test (click HERE for information and to arrange a test)
- let people know who you have been in-contact with in the last 48 hours.
Current Government Guidance:
* For more information visit the new government guidance HERE
► What you now CAN do (as long as you are observing social distancing measures):
- Spend time outdoors, including private gardens and other outdoor spaces, in groups of up to six people from different households, following social distancing guidelines
- Visit car showrooms and outdoor markets
- Exercise outside of the home as frequently as you wish
► You CANNOT:
- Visit friends and family inside their homes
- Stay overnight away from your own home
- Exercise in an indoor sports court, gym or leisure centre
- Use an outdoor gym or playground
- Gather outdoors in a group of more than six (excluding members of your own household)
How to avoid catching or spreading Coronavirus
✔ Wash your hands with soap and water often - do this for at least 20 seconds.
✔ Always wash your hands when you get home or into work/school.
✔ Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
✔ Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
✔ Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
✔ Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
✖ Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
✖ Do not visit your doctor's surgery, hospital or pharmacist if you are displaying any symptoms.
NHS advice on how to wash your hands properly:
Government launches Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp:
"The new free to use service aims to provide official, trustworthy and timely information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), and will further reduce the burden on NHS services.
This will help combat the spread of coronavirus misinformation in the UK, as well as helping ensure people stay home, protect the NHS and save lives.
The GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service is an automated ‘chatbot’ service which will allow the British public to get answers to the most common questions about coronavirus direct from government.
The service will provide information on topics such as coronavirus prevention and symptoms, the latest number of cases in the UK, advice on staying at home, travel advice and myth busting.
The service will also allow the government to send messages to all opted-in users if required.
To use the free GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp, simply add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word ‘hi’ in a WhatsApp message to get started.
A set of menu options is then presented which the user can choose from and then be sent relevant guidance from GOV.UK pages as well as links to GOV.UK for further information."https://www.gov.uk/government/news
DfE Coronavirus helpline
The Department for Education have launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education.
Parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Government and NHS Information/Guidance:
► Arrange to be tested - https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
► Government updates on COVID-19 - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
► Public Health England Staying at home guidance - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-people-with-confirmed-or-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
► NHS advice for staying at home - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
► Government COVID-19 Action Plan - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
► Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus