CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) -
Years 10/12 Return to School Arrangements
Update - 10/06/20, 15:00
• These arrangements have been collated to give you some idea on what return to school will look like for Year 10 and to reassure you that we are taking all reasonable steps to ensure safety of all.
• Please bear in mind that as guidance is updated, these pages may be changed.
If your child is displaying symptoms, or has had symptoms of, Covid 19 in the last 14 days you should not send them in and contact school to discuss future attendance.
Getting ready for the first day back
Students will not be admitted to school unless you have already informed us of your plans to send your child in. If you have changed your mind, and now wish to send your child in, please contact the relevant Head of School to arrange.
There is an expectation that students are mature enough to follow the advice and guidance on Social Distancing at all times to protect themselves and others against the spread of Covid-19. Failure to do so will result in your child being sent home with different arrangements for setting work each week.
Students and staff who display any symptoms will be sent home to self isolate for 14 days. Parents/carers must report to the government test and trace system. Should a positive result emerge from the test, the rest of the student group and any staff affected will also be required to self isolate. Students who have been self isolating will not be allowed back into school until the 14 day self isolation period has been completed
Students should attend school in full uniform. On returning from school, uniform should be washed to protect other family members.
Please bring your Distance Learning Guide with you when you return to school. These will be collected and returned to students before the summer break.
- Monday - Stephenson
- Wednesday - Grainger
- Friday - Dobson
Travelling to school
As per government guidance, if you are travelling to school by bus, you should be wearing a face mask throughout your journey. Face masks are compulsory on public transport from 15th June. Further advice from Nexus on Bus Travel can be found here
Face masks will not be required in school due to the enforcement of Social Distancing, therefore any masks should be placed in your bag or coat before you enter the building.
► Year 10 students should report to the Sports Hall fire doors at the front of the school no earlier than 9.15. You will not be admitted to the building before this point Please do not arrive early.
► Year 12 students should arrive between 9. 30 and 9.45 and report to the main reception.
Students with bicycles should drop them off at the PE gates before entering as above.
Please remember that students are still expected to follow the Academy expectations, including those relating to no phone/portable device use during the Academy day.
What will my day look like?
- Each day will start with a short meet and greet in the main hall for approximately 15 minutes.
- Students will be taught in Bubbles of approximately 7 students.
- Students will have three sessions of Maths, English & Science with approximately 15 minute break and 20 minute lunch.
- Students will remain in the same room for all sessions and one member of staff will rotate for subject.
- Students cannot move groups / move to different bubbles. We must maintain the principles of Social Distancing and avoid cross contamination of groups, wherever possible.
- Students will be provided with a set of stationery and will have their on desk for the day.
- Break & lunchtimes will be staggered to ensure that Social Distancing can be observed.
- All classroom areas will have tissues, hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes.
- Lunch will be a packed lunch delivery service to your classroom. Once all have eaten, students will be escorted outside (weather permitting).
- Students will be escorted to and from the toilet during lessons. Toilets will be cleaned after each use and will not be open during break.
- Students may bring packed lunch if required, however items brought e.g. in from home e.g. phones, headphones should be kept to a minimum.
- Students will be dismissed in a staggered dismissal at the end of the day at approximately 13.50.
- Pastoral House & Year 11 / Post 16 teams will be on duty for each relevant school house.
Should you have any questions and or require more information, please use the relevant Head of School below.
► Gordon Hart - Head of Dobson School → (Gordon.Hart@walker.academy)
► Joanne Lee - Head of Grainger School → (Joanne.Lee@walker.academy)
► Joe Fluskey - Head of Stephenson School → (Joe.Fluskey@walker.academy)